Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

Last night we each picked a pumpkin from the store and carved it for Halloween. This was Marcus's first experience gutting out a pumpkin, and I'm not sure he enjoyed it! I don't think he realized all that comes with pumpkin carving and the fact that you will get messy! In the end I think he had a pretty good time.

The kids on the other hand were super excited.  I have never seen Kayden more excited about anything in my life! I couldn't get him to stop talking.  He kept saying "I'm so excited for pumpkins mom and that tomorrow is Halloween!!!" He was simply adorable! I really enjoyed seeing his face light up.  Here are some pictures of our pumpkins:


Ambria gutting out her pumpkin


Doesn't he look thrilled? Not Kayden.......Marcus!



The guts didn't seem to bother Kayden much, he even tasted them!


Marcus's Pumpkin


Ambria's Pumpkin she did all on her own


Kayden's Pumpkin (with the help of mommy)

 

Mommy's Pumpkin Kitty

 

All 4 together


Marcus decided to do an English Flag on the 
other side of his pumpkin. 

The kids however thought it looked like a window!


 The kids pumpkins

Getting Kayden to go to bed last night was a chore! He could hardly wait for it to be morning.  He made me open the blinds so he could see the sun when he woke up and slept on the side of the bed nearest the window.  It took me about an hour to get him to calm down enough to go to sleep.  I can't get over how incredibly excited he was! He really made my night.  At 4:00am in the morning I woke up to him yelling from his bedroom "MOM, MARCUS, MOM, MARCUS!"  I jumped up and ran in his room.  There he was, sitting straight up in bed, wide awake.  I walked in and he says "Mom, where is the sun, is it Halloween yet?" I tucked him back in and said "Son, Halloween won't come until you GO TO SLEEP!" Of course he was up again at 5:00am, and then by 6:30 he had crawled in to bed next to me.  Luckily I got him to go back to sleep about 7:00am until 8:30am.  When he woke up he came out in full costume ready to go! He says to me "Mom, when's the sun going down, it's time to go trick or treating now!"  I'm afraid it's going to be a long day for this kid!

 

Captain America


Ambria was super excited to get into her costume this morning as well.  She decided this year she was going to be a vampire.  We got her dressed, pinned up her hair and sprayed it red.  Then, on to the makeup.  This was her first experience with fake eyelashes. At first I didn't think she would be able to stand them, but after a bit she got used to them.  She insisted we buy her "real" fangs that attach right to her teeth.  I attempted once to put them in and decided perhaps we should wait until the Halloween Parade this afternoon.  I think they may drive her a bit crazy after a while, or even fall out.   She was happy with how her costume turned out and super excited for her parade.

 

Vampire Princess



Eyelashes

Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute Erika! I love that your son was SO excited about Halloween, what fun.

    ReplyDelete