Wednesday, October 26, 2011

6 Months

I'm nearly 27 weeks now, just over 6 months.  Time has really flown by. It's hard to believe in just a few more months we will have a brand new baby boy.  It's really starting to sink in that there is going to be another baby in the house.  I'm getting super excited! I love how babies smell, and the cute little noises the make.   Here is what baby center has to say about where I am at now in this pregnancy:

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

Baby, fetus at 26 weeks - BabyCenter

It's crazy to think he is nearly two pounds now and 14 inches long.  He is going to start beefing up over the next few weeks and getting some of his baby fat! Prepare for my belly to POP! So far I've gained 10 lbs, and I'm sure I have another 10 to go before I am done.  It's not fun getting bigger but it is nice knowing he's a healthy, growing boy.  Here is how I look today:


I have started to get some really strong Braxton Hicks contractions.  They are beginning to last longer and become more frequent.  They say if you have more than 4 in an hour you should be alarmed.  Usually mine aren't in any sort of rythm and are not that frequent.  They are strong however, sometimes causing me to stop what I'm doing and take a few deep breaths.  I joke with Marcus that if they don't stop getting stronger, we may have ourselves a Christmas baby. :) Kayden was 3 weeks early, so I guess that's not all impossible really. I'm hoping he stays growing as long as he can though. I'm in no hurry. I just want him to be healthy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment