Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Big Surprise

Well, when Marcus went to Wales to pick up his boys, I decided to have myself a party! I wanted to do something special for the boys before they got back so I decided I was going to redo their rooms.  Marcus left, and things began to get destroyed! He has a bit of a problem watching these types of things while they are happening, so I figured if/when I did this he would need to be far far away.  Like 6000 miles away! For the most part I was on my best behavior.  I only sent him several tormenting pictures and assured him he did not want to come home early. :)

Lets start with the mess:


Beds came apart, rooms began to be emptied and all stored in our lovely family room!


My attempt at keeping clothes organized.....fail...


more mess..... 

Now some photos of the gutted rooms before the makeover:


A look at Cy's part of the room before...very boring I know


Cys bed


Sethy's sleeping quarters...


The boys bathroom, not sure who is in the mirror though, weird


The potty and the tub, check out that blue toilet water!


 Kayden and Joshy's room - new furniture set up


More Kayden and Joshy's room (still not sure it was very 
bright puttingour two chatter boxes in the same room.....still rethinking.....


 Kayden and Joshy closet view


Kayden and Joshy dresser (new)


So days went by of painting, and tearing things apart.  Then more days were spent putting things back together.  I think Amazon must have made 75 deliveries to our house in a week with new and fun things for the rooms. I'm just keeping those lovely Fed Ex employees stable in their jobs. :) 

Then, drum roll please............................

This is what they came home to:



Cy's spot spruced up a bit...


Cy's Bed


Sethy's part of the pad


The new finished room


Then, on to the bathroom:


 Sailor boat theme


 Loving the lighter and brighter walls


cute little lighthouse


 Potty in style....


and a sail boat curtain

Next came the other boys room for Kayden and Josh:


I was feeling some red....and pirates! ARG!


I still have a few more wall decals to hang up


 I did also do the baby's room but it isn't finished yet so I am not sharing! I still have a few little things left to do, but I feel like for the most part it looks pretty good. Now, I have to do the rest of the house! So much to do but little bits at a time seems to be the best way to get it all done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment