Friday, December 30, 2011

Baby Update

Yesterday I had a doctor appointment to check on the baby.  He is now 36 weeks along and getting big.  Everything looked great so far. I was surprised however when the doctor told us that if I was to go into labor from this point forward, he wouldn't stop it.  I delivered Kayden at 37 weeks though and he was perfectly healthy.

I am happy to announce that if this little guy doesn't come on his own four weeks from tomorrow, they will induce me on Saturday January 28th. He will be here before you know it! For the most part I feel that we are ready for him.  His room is painted, and put together.  I've washed his bedding and all of his clothes and put them all away.  The only thing really that we have left to do is get his swing, bouncer, monitor and baby bath.  I imagine we get those in the next week or so.

It is crazy to think I am almost to the end of this journey now.  It really has gone by quickly compared to the two other pregnancies.  I must say that being pregnant was quite enjoyable this time around, at least up until now ;).  Maybe that is because I am a bit older with this one and at a different stage of my life.  Maybe it is because I know this will be the last time I experience this.  Whatever reason, I have loved watching him grow and experiencing it all again.

Marcus and I were talking the other night and sometimes I don't think it has sunk in with either of us yet that there is going to be a baby around.  Even though we put together his things, and are getting ready, sometimes it still doesn't feel real. What will the baby look like? How big will he be? If he's anything like my other two kids he is going to look just like his dad and nothing like me.  I seem to get the short end of that stick every time! Although both kids did get my square feet and crappy immune system, something I hope this little guy avoids.

So just four more weeks now, and we will have ourselves a brand new baby boy to cuddle and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment