Monday, November 21, 2011

Dreams During Pregnancy


 It's a known fact that pregnancy brings about some very strange dreams.  I have been experiencing this first hand with this pregnancy for sure.  Every night I close my eyes I lay there wondering what I will come up with next.  I think all of the hormonal changes in my body bring up a whole different set of emotions.  Maybe some I would typically try to suppress, or some perhaps I didn't even know existed.  But lately my dreams not only seem strange, but they seem more intense too; often times waking me in the middle of them, once even in a full swing punch (sorry Marcus).

Last night I dreamed that I was just a week or so away from delivering the baby when I received a letter in the mail.  The letter was addressed to me and from my doctor.  When I read the letter I was a bit baffled.  It told me that at my 20 week scan they had made a mistake, and that in fact I was going to be having a little girl.  I remember being mad! I had nearly everything ready for the baby, and not one ounce of pink. I woke up and felt a blog post in the works!

Sometimes I wonder if dreams really do have meanings.  They say when you dream you are flying you feel like you are on top of your life.  Or there's that dream where you are running as fast as you can but going absolutely nowhere, literally standing in place.  I often dream of places from my past, especially my old house, or people I know of but have never actually met.  What does it all mean? Why do we dream and what significance do our dreams play in our life?  I think that could be something interesting to study.  To learn what is known about dreams and what is still in question.  Marcus always dreams he's a super hero, or doing awesome bike tricks or mountain climbs.  Maybe his dreams mean he's still a kid at heart? Maybe he dreams those types of dreams because in real life he is so busy, and always going that it's the only chance he really gets to stop, have a break and some fun1   I find myself often dreaming about arguments and fights with family, bringing up some of the old scars I have from over the years.  Does that mean I am holding on to feelings that need to be let out and only seem to come to surface when I am not awake?  Do I perhaps suppress these feelings when I need to be working through them? Why do they always feel it necessary to pop into my dreams?

I don't know what my dreams mean, or anyone else's for that matter, but I think I'm going to buy a book and see if I can start figuring it all out! Maybe one day I can even become the master dream reader and can tell people what their dreams mean! Now that would be cool!

....or perhaps it is way too early and I should have another cup of coffee before I hurt myself. ;)

To be continued I'm sure........

No comments:

Post a Comment