Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Hot Sushi Date

Sad but true, I haven't been able to eat sushi for almost 7 months now. I miss it so bad! It's one of the things I used to "splurge" on whenever I could ...that is before I got pregnant.

Even though I can't have proper sushi (raw) I can however eat tempura (cooked) rolls. So, yesterday while we were burning some time and waiting to pick up Ambria from dance, my little man and I decided to have ourselves a sushi date!


Now don't let his expression fool you! He might not look excited here, but you have no idea how much his face lit up when I asked him if he wanted to go to "sooshi" for dinner.  I guess I should explain.  This my friends, is not your average ordinary 4 year old. Oh no!!!  This kid eats beats, mushrooms, olives, onions, ALL veggies (loves them), pretty much anything you put in front of him.  I've never met a kid who will try and actually like so many different foods that are either healthy or that most kids usually complain don't taste good.

So, we placed our order for some rolls and a plate full of sashimi (straight raw fish - with nothing else). Then Kayden proceeded to devour an entire bowl of edamame (or what he likes to call "beans").


When the cute little waitress brought out our order she looked at me a little funny as if she wanted to say "how rude of you to order all of this stuff.  Is your kid eating today or just you?".  I simply smiled at her, thanked her for her service, and giggled as she walked away knowing what was about to happen next.

One by one Kayden loaded up his little plate (above).  He was grinning from cheek to cheek. I couldn't help notice the waitress standing in the back corner watching him ever so quietly (looking rather amazed I might add).  I'm sure she was thinking to herself what most people think (and often times say out loud) whenever I take my son to eat sushi.

"What 4 year old kid likes fish? And for goodness sake what 4 year old kid would EVER try it RAW?!?!?!"

So she kept on watching.....as he leaned over and grabbed some fish....


 But wait, he must first dip it in the soy sauce silly........


gets himself good and ready.....and then.....


Whoa la! There you have it! It's that simple.

The kid is a sushi eating machine!!!

The reactions people give him when they watch him eat sushi will never ever get old! I find it rather entertaining actually!

I LOVE IT... and I love you Kayden, my little sushi eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment